When we went to the banquet for Durham Parks and Rec, we met the lovely lady who coordinates the Buddy Sports. She invited the twins to come to the last few sessions of soccer, eventhough they were not really old enough to play yet. (Maybe it was because we were named Family of the Year!)So, we showed up at the nice turf field and the twins had no idea what to expect! It quickly got warm, so off came the jackets and on came the jerseys. to balance the teams, they played on opposing sides.
Jack loved the texture of the turf and the clover growing on the hillside. He also loved to run the field, kicking (I've been told this is called "dribbling") the ball and playing keep-away from his Daddy.
Nick was uninterested in the practices session, but when the game itself was to start, Nick was all in! I mean that child was on a mission! I actually found myself having to hold him back to let the others have a chance to kick the ball. Nick would weave around the other children, even crawled through the legs of one of the parents who wouldn't let him pass, and would direct that ball, with some skill right to the goal. First day out and he scored 3 goals. I realize the pun, but I recognize that Nick may have a very goal-focused life.
At the last session, they each were awarded with a participation trophy!




No comments:
Post a Comment