October if my favorite month. It started when I was a child and all the fun things that happened in that month. My dad usually stopped traveling as much for work, my mom started cooking wonderful homemade soups, football (in person, not on the TV), trick or treat, haunted forests, leaf piles, etc. I was just always my favorite.
![]() |
| We made it to two different event farms with Pumpkin Patches. |
We have had a great October with the boys this year. They both were open to all adventures and Nick seemed to tolerate the crowds and noise so much better this year. We even went to the State Fair and spent 5 hours eating, walking, jumping, feeding goats, petting rabbits, and sat in the front row of the Motorcross Stunt Show. They are both in love with motorcycles now!
Nick went on his first pony ride. He walked right up to a big pony and got nose-to-nose and said "Hi, Pony. My name is Nick. I'm going to ride on you now."
The change in his mood was stunning. A calm and pleasant peace came over his face and he was so happy. He leaned over and patted the horse and said "Good job, Pony." I was so proud.
Their first hayride was also a total success. They liked that their break from running around was still a new adventure.
My boys were pirates for Halloween and with events for 3 days, I'm glad I made those costumes sturdy. We finished the holiday off with 6 jack-o-lanterns and Trick-or-treating at all our best houses. They know NO fear of the scary stuff and really racked up on the loot! I can see this becoming a family fav for many years to go! Happy Halloween!
I think we all look forward to October again next year and many more Autumn adventures!



No comments:
Post a Comment