How does one introduce oneself to the world? Hello. I am Denise and I am a dizzy mom.
I'm not a celebrity, some witty conversationalist, or a deep thinker of note, but I have recently been told that "writing things down" will help me process all the situational stress I find myself going through all the time. I already know this as I have been journaling since I was 14 yrs old, but I find some of these challenges are not things I am going through on my own.
Some specifics about me... I am a 30-something wife and mother of twin boys. (My southern roots forbid me from telling my exact age.) My husband is a typical latino male who describes himself as "macho and nice." I think he is nice.
My twin sons are Jackson and Nicolas. They just turned 3 this weekend. Jack is older by a 33 seconds (yes, I was busy). He is a fairness monitor and likes to control any situation. He is atypical in that he'll eat almost anything green and is not exceptionally fond of sweets. Jack speaks at a 5-yr old level and has an advanced understand of vocabulary and emotions. He was recently described as an "indigo" child, but I just think he's Jack.
Nick is the baby of the family and who we consider our family's snuggler. He can also be our greatest challenge. Nick has Sensory Processing Disorder and is still under assessment for possible Autism as well. While his neurological system can cause us some real challenges to cope with, he has the ability to melt even some of the coldest hearts. When he is having a good day, so are all the people around him.
Life with twins is an adventure. Life with special needs twins is an epic adventure. We consider our family moto "Double trouble: Twice the Love."
I work full-time as a software programmer and when I say full-time, I mean any possible moment the company can squeeze out of my personal life. It's a crazy job, but speaking as someone who has been laid-off 6 times from the IT industry, I am happy to have my job.
Trying to balance my family, work, social and personal responsibilites is more than 24 hours a day of effort. So, how do I have time to write this blog? Great question.....
No comments:
Post a Comment