Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Progress and Bounty


New trellis and bird defenses... 
 The GARDEN is growing!  Our strawberries and a little birdy must love them, because they are eating them allll!  That is why I cut up the mylar streamers from the twin's birthday party and hung them around the garden spaces.  It is kinda pretty too.  Sparkely.


Lettuces - in the ground one month (4/12/11 - 5/9/11)
 The lettuces are out of this world. 
I worried that the SFG beds were too hot in May for this season to work out, but they have been amazing!  Such flavor and the greens are prettier than any flower I could have planned.  So delicious and fun to go cut a salad from the backyard 3 minutes before I eat it.  Wow!


Out tomatillos have done magic!  The purple was planted last yet is twice as tall as the green now.  There are many blooma and they are just beautiful.


Purple tomatillo - can't wait
to see the color of salsa this baby makes?
 

 
Green Tomatillo - such a sweet little flower

And the best surprise yet:  our first tomato has formed!
Sharecropper's first tomato.
The twins found this.  I thought there must have been a snake with all the screaming.
Then, I got just as excited.  Delight!
The herb garden is looking like a real garden.  Now, to just figure out how to use these hebs???

Stevia, Pineapple Sage, Greek Oregano, Sweet Basil, Spearmint, Flatleaf Parsley, Potpourri Lavender
 Thank you, God, for rain and mosquito repellant!

No comments:

Post a Comment